No one will deny the fact that homemade cakes are the most delicious and appetizing, because they cook it with love and pleasure, and with the same pleasure it disappears from the plates. You always want to please your home with something delicious. And if sweet cakes and pies are already fed up, then as an alternative you can bake a delicious Samsa. Crispy pies can be served for breakfast or take with you for a snack; they are perfect as a snack for a small party. Friends will love the delicate taste of juicy filling and the aroma of fresh homemade pastries!
History reference. Samsa is considered a traditional oriental dish. Otherwise, this pastry is called “samosa”. Usually, they cook Samsa in a trendy, but at home, you can bake pies in the oven – the taste will not change much. As a filling, chopped chicken fillet, face and various spices are most often used. It is allowed to add potatoes, legumes, as well as other vegetables to the filling.
A step-by-step recipe for cooking classic Samsa with chicken
To cook juicy pies for 4 people, you should prepare the following set of products:
- 300 g of wheat flour;
- 100 ml of cold boiled water;
- 70 g of creamy softened butter;
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts;
- 1 small onion;
- 1 egg;
- on a pinch of salt and black pepper (you can take a mixture of peppers – the filling will only be more aromatic);
- a little-dried sesame (for sprinkling on top).
Description of the cooking process
- In a deep bowl, sift flour. Add salt and pour in water. Mix the ingredients and knead not too cool dough. Make sure that the dough does not stick to your hands, otherwise you can add a little flour.
- Divide the kneaded dough into two equal parts and roll into balls.
- Each of the balls rolls in a thin layer. Grease the resulting thin cakes with butter. To evenly distribute the oil over the surface, melt it in a water bath and use a silicone brush.
- After the dough has been oiled, put the rolled sheets together and once again go over the top with melted butter.
- Roll 2 layers in one roll. Place the roll in a plastic bag (wrap with plastic wrap) and put the blank in the refrigerator for 45-50 minutes. Putting dough in the freezer is not worth it – it can freeze and further lose its elasticity and softness.
- While the dough cools in the fridge, prepare the filling. Separate the meat pulp from the bone and cut it into small pieces. A meat grinder for chopping chicken fillet is not suitable since the filling is made from minced meat, not minced meat.
- Onions also cut into small cubes and add to the meat. For aroma and spicy taste of ready-made pies, add pepper, favorite spices, and seasonings. Do not forget to salt. Mix the raw stuffing and leave for 20 minutes to soak the meat with spices.
- Remove the cooled dough from the refrigerator and divide it into 8 equal pieces.
- On a floured flat surface, roll each of the pieces into a thin flat cake. Try to make the cakes are the same in size and shape.
- In the middle of the cakes, lay out the minced meat and firmly secure the edges, making a triangle.
- Put parchment (silicone sheet) on the bottom of the baking tray and grease it with butter. Layout Samsa blanks not too tightly to each other, leaving the bonded edges at the bottom.
- In the ice cream bowl, whisk the egg and brush it with a silicone brush on top of each pie. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Send the cake mix to a preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees.
After half an hour, you can brew strong tea and call home to the table. Incredibly delicious Samsa with chicken is ready!
The proposed recipe for making Samsa is far from the only one: many cook it with potatoes, cheese, mushrooms, pumpkin, and even nuts – it all depends on taste preferences. The dough remains unchanged: bland and thinly rolled.
Those who save their time, but cannot refuse the opportunity to enjoy baking, as an alternative to the cooked homemade dough; you can offer to take ready-made puff cake mix. The fully thawed dough is thinly rolled and cut into equal parts, wrapped in the middle of the stuffing and baked in the oven as a traditional Samsa.
Try it yourself to make a crunchy Samsa with various fillings and make your family and friends happy with fresh ruddy pastries. Reviews of a delicious dish will delight you and enhance your culinary self-esteem! You may also like Seven recipes with quinoa ideal for breakfast