How to set a song as a ringtone? Put the song you want!December 3, 2021
Personalizing your phone is one of the first steps after purchasing it. Change the wallpaper, the appearance of the operating system, the case, the icons … Now. We often ask ourselves how to put a song as a ringtone. What options are there to do it?
In today’s post, we show you the best methods to change the ringtone easily and quickly. Either download a specific app or use audio or song from YouTube, Spotify or TikTok. All the tools and utilities that work this 2021 are included here.
For this, our team has been in charge of bringing you only those alternatives free of viruses and malware. This way, you will enjoy your favorite song without risking the security of your device.
Stay with us and make your calls sound better. Let’s see it!
How to change the ringtone from your phone settings
Each phone has a different structure and appearance, although the instructions are usually the same (or very similar) in these cases. That is why we show you the essential steps that will allow you to change the ringtone and customize your equipment to the maximum:
- On the main screen or in the menu of your phone, go to «Settings.» It is usually represented with a small white gear or tool.
- Then enter “Sounds,” which is usually within the options for screen, wallpaper and themes.
- You will see a list of options. Look for the one related to the ringtone.
- There the list of melodies that your serial phone brings will be displayed.
- To hear one, click on the name.
- Choose the one you like the most and accept the changes.
- As you can see, it is one of the easiest configurations to do on a mobile. Just follow these steps and that’s it. You can change the melody as many times as you want.
In general, these call sounds are simple: the strings of a guitar, the howling of animals or the sea breeze. And there are others even simpler such as the beep, bubbles, metals, bottles or glass breaking, among others.
How to set a song as a ringtone?
Until a few years ago, only a few simple sounds could be configured as ringtones. Fortunately, technology has come a long way since then and songs can now be used as melodies for when they call you on the phone.
The process to set a song as a ringtone is almost the same as the previous one. But it is necessary that this is saved in the internal storage of the phone.
Now, we are going to teach you how to set a song as a ringtone:
- Go to ” Settings” on your phone.
- Go to the “Sounds” section.
- Access the ringtone or melody section.
Among the available options, there will be a local or personalized ringtone (or similar, depending on the phone). For example, in the latest Samsung, we find this option with the “+” symbol. From there, we can search for the audio file on our mobile.
Choose the one you want, and voila!
How to set a YouTube song as a ringtone?
Setting a YouTube song as a ringtone is very easy. The steps to follow are those:
The first thing is to download the song. If you don’t know how to do it, check out these YouTube music download apps on Android or these iPhone music download apps.
- After doing so, go to «Settings.»
- Access the “Sound” section.
- Go to the “Downloads” folder and find the downloaded .mp3 file.
- Select it as the ringtone.
How to set a TikTok sound as a ringtone?
You also have the option to choose the audio of a TikTok video as the ringtone. To do this, you have to download the video and then convert it to audio. It is a very easy procedure:
- Open the TikTok app and find the video you want to extract the audio from.
- On the right of the screen, press the button «Share» and then «Copy link.» If you are using the web version of TikTok, copy the URL from the address bar.
- Now, open this TikTok downloader in your mobile browser.
- Once inside the web, paste the link in the box at the top of the screen. Click on «Download.»
- When you have downloaded the file, you have to convert the video to MP3 audio format. To do this, you can use websites like Videoder or Flvto.
- Finally, you only need to set the audio as a ringtone. As we have already explained, go to “Settings”> “Sound”> ”Ringtone.” Then select the downloaded .mp3 file, and you have it!
- To go faster, the Tik Tok downloader itself has a section on its website to download Tik Tok MP3 without a converter. The steps to follow are the same, but with a difference. After clicking “Download,” a results page will open. There press the link «Download MP3».
How to set a Spotify song as a ringtone?
Although the Spotify web or app does not include specific functionality to choose a song as a ringtone (not even in the Premium subscription), it is possible. There is some third-party software that allows you to do it safely. This is the case with Spotify Music Converter. With this program for Windows and Mac, you will be able to download music from Spotify in high quality MP3.
This is the way to change the ringtone with Spotify music :
Open the Sidify website and download the Spotify Music Converter program. Install it on your Mac or Windows computer.
Go to Spotify and copy the URL of the song. To do this, go to the menu with the three dots (next to the track) and click on «Share»> «Copy link.»
Now, open Spotify Music Converter and hit the ( + ) button. Paste the link into the window that opens or drag the song directly from Spotify.
Next, choose the audio format, its quality and the folder where you want to save it.
Once the settings are done, click on “Done” and then on “Convert.” Wait a few seconds for the process to complete.
Transfer MP3 audio from computer to mobile. You can do it through iTunes (ideally on iPhone), connecting the mobile with a USB cable, installing a specific app or using a cloud service.
Finally, choose the Spotify song as your ringtone. To do this, go to “Settings”> “Sound”> ”Ringtone” and upload the .mp3 file from the mobile memory.
Of course, the free version of Spotify Music Converter only allows you to convert a maximum of 3 minutes of audio. If you don’t want a time limit, you will have to upgrade to their Premium plan.
Applications to put songs as ringtones
There may be a not very common scenario: that the mobile does not have the option to set songs as ringtones. In this case, the quickest solution is to resort to applications.
The best thing about them is that they are easy to use and, above all, that they can be downloaded without paying or taking up a lot of space in the phone’s memory.
Next, we will show you the best ringtone apps. You can download them from the Google Play Store (for Android devices) or from the App Store (for iPhone).
This application is totally free and with it, you can create alarms and notifications. It is based on MP3, WAV, AAC, MP4, FLAC files, among others. You can choose the exact section of the song that you want to hear. The tool is very easy to use and you have the option to directly assign a ringtone to a contact.
Jinmin Zhou Ringtone Maker
Ringtone Maker is another option. It allows you to use songs and assign them as a melody for when they call you. It is available for Apple devices.
You choose the song and move the cursor to the specific clip you want to listen to. Then you hit “Create” and set the song as a ringtone. Easy, fast and completely free.
Another app that adds to this list is Audio Editor. Apart from editing any music format and setting it as a melody, it allows you to do the same with live recorded audio. In that, it differs from the rest. It is exclusive to Android and completely free.
This iPhone application not only offers the opportunity to edit the songs. Also, to add effects with funny sounds to the files you make and thus give them a different touch. The app is constantly updated and includes new and innovative content.
Tips and tricks when putting a song as a ringtone
At this point, and after reviewing all the methods and apps in the article, you probably still have some doubts. For this reason, the following tips and recommendations will help you when you are going to put a song as a ringtone:
- If the song you want is very long, use an app to cut songs. This way, you will only be left with a part of the track. Please note that ringtones on iPhone and Android are limited to 30 seconds in duration.
- Apart from songs, you can also download sound applications and set something funnier or original as a ringtone.
- Another good idea is to personalize your tones, that is, assign them to specific contacts. In this way, you will be able to differentiate who is calling you.
- Only use reliable apps and websites. Many pages promise unlimited music downloads but hide dangerous viruses and malware for your device. Our suggestion is that you always use free antivirus for Android.
- Check out the hottest songs on the Spotify charts. For example, the Global Top 50, Spain Top 50, United States Top 50 …
- When you like a song but don’t want it with lyrics, use its instrumental version. You will find it on both YouTube and Spotify.
- In short, by following these methods, you will be able to customize the ringtone of your mobile easily and quickly. Remember that, in some versions of the operating systems, the sound settings may be in other locations. But normally, it will always be within the settings menu.