How To Protect Joints In Sports?August 29, 2018 0 By MHossaiN
In today’s world, many people understand how important sports are to health and beauty. However, getting carried away by it, it is important not to overdo it and not to harm your body. We suggest to find out, how it is possible to save own joints during sports training.
To start, in fact, follows from the fact that the joints and ligaments are mobile connections, located between the bones and serving as some additional mechanism for their mobility in relation to each other.
Joints, as well as ligaments, are enveloped by special cartilaginous tissues, they have their own circulatory system and many nerve endings. For this reason, trauma to ligaments or joints can often cause pain. Even their insignificant damage is unsafe and can end badly.
What kind of muscle pain can be considered dangerous?
It is not so easy for novice athletes to distinguish the pain that arises after the load of the muscles and the one that occurs as a result of damage to the joint and ligaments. However, there is a list of symptoms that you should find out as soon as possible. Among them:
- The emergence of pain only during the movement of the joints.
- In a place where you feel pain, you can see swelling.
- There is a restriction during the movements of a particular part of the body.
- During the movement, you can hear a crunch or click.
- If you press on the injured place, there is a pain
How do you start playing sports?
It is known that in large sport the damage can be very different. At the same time, everything will depend on the specific sport. We propose to talk about such injuries, which can be affected by beginners in gyms during training.
Most often, the knee joint is damaged. Since the legs of a person are always active, and not exclusively in the gym, the knee joint is often thinned. During training almost any exercise creates a load on the legs and, of course, the knees.
So, the pain sensations can arise quite unexpectedly when the next exercise is unsuccessfully performed and as a result, it will be difficult even to move the knee. Sometimes such pain grows gradually. At first, it can be a small click during movements, and sometimes even grows to unbearable pain.
A common phenomenon and pain in the ankle joint. Often, it can appear after cardio workouts. Such diseases can have both deep and old roots. This may not be the right footwear when worn or worn now. The process of deformation of the joints can continue to this day.
How can I save ligaments and joints?
To protect their ligaments, as well as joints, a balanced and necessarily full nutrition, will help. It is clear that all the most necessary human body can receive from the food consumed. However, there are two main problems. So, often engaged in the gym man wants to lose weight and because it is understandable that to some extent restricts his menu. Deficiency of calories always leads to a shortage of nutrients.
Another problem is the inadequate intake of foods that help strengthen joints and ligaments. In this case, keep the ligaments and joints healthy with the help of additives that can be purchased at pharmacies or in specialized stores where sports nutrition is sold.
It is important not to forget that before training it is extremely important to warm up your muscles and prepare joints for difficult loads. Otherwise, you can prepare for injuries. To keep the ligaments healthy, it is important to follow these rules:
- Before the start of the workout, warm up. A start should be in a fairly calm and necessarily measured mode and gradually increase the intensity until the state of warmed up muscles is reached. Only then you should go to the exercises.
- After the next workout, you need to stretch. But you can not do it excessively, otherwise, it will become much worse. Pain sensations during stretching are always a bit aching, but at the same time, they are not sharp.
- Take special medications that will help to save joint health. This is especially true for all those who adhere to a low-calorie menu in the diet.
- If an injury occurs, you should stop exercising until the recovery occurs. This refers to the light forms. If the pain is acute and prevents even moving, you should immediately call a specialist for help.
In order to prevent a recurrence of the injury, it is necessary to exclude from the list the exercise that caused the damage. In the case where this is impossible, it is necessary to perform the exercise in such a way as to practically not involve the sore spot.
Carrying out these simple recommendations you can protect yourself from damage to joints and ligaments and engage in a favorite sport with pleasure.