Activated Coal Face Scrub Ingredients
- 150 g of organic cane sugar (alternatively you can use the common white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of charcoal powder (corresponds to about 2 capsules)
- 3 drops of your favorite essential oil (make sure it is suitable for use on the skin)
1) Try to exfoliate your face with a charcoal scrub. If you are in the habit of scrubbing to remove dead cells from the surface of your skin, it is likely that you will like this recipe. You will be able to use it a few days a week, the same ones in which you usually exfoliate your face, while in the rest of the time you will use a normal soap.
2) Choose an essential oil to add to the scrub. Logically all the ingredients of the recipe must be suitable for use on the skin, even the essential oil. Among the delicate and beneficial for the skin there are:
- Essential oil of carrot seeds that promotes cell regeneration and makes the skin smooth and silky;
- Essential oil of incense that has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties;
- Geranium essential oil that can help reduce acne;
- Lavender essential oil that has relaxing and regenerative properties on the skin cells;
- Myrrh essential oil excellent for countering the signs of aging;
- Essential oil of neroli particularly suitable for those with sensitive or oily skin;
- Patchouli essential oil indicated for mature skin;
- Rose essential oil indicated for those with dry skin;
- Melaleuca essential oil can be useful for those suffering from acne;
- Essential oil of ylang ylang that can help regulate the production of sebum in case of oily skin.
3) Mix the cane sugar with the charcoal. Pour both ingredients into a clean glass jar, then close it with the lid and shake it until they are well blended.
4) Add extra virgin olive oil and the desired essential oil. Pour the first into the jar, then mix with a spoon. Finally, add three drops of the selected essential oil. Now start mixing again and continue until the ingredients are perfectly mixed. When finished, close the container. Your scrub is ready to use.
Things you will need
- Boule of medium size
- Plastic container with lid
- 3 large boules in glass or ceramic
- Electric whisk
- Sturdy metal spoon
- Big ladle
- Protective gloves
- Mask to protect the face (covering the nose and mouth)
- Food film
- 1-2 clean kitchen towels
- Soap molds. You can buy them online with different shapes and sizes. Alternatively, you can use silicone molds or plastic containers, even small food containers can fit.
- Big knife to cut the soap and create smaller soap bars
- Big spoon
- Clean glass jar with lid